Check out Biography of Karishma Tanna. Know Karishma Tanna age, birthday, life story, height, career, awards, family, relationships, controversies & More!
|Born (Date & Place)|| 21 December 1983
Mumbai, Maharashtra, India
|Full Name||Karishma Tanna|
|Height||5 feet 9 inches (1.75 m)|
|Popular Movies/TV Series||Sanju (2018), Grand Masti (2013), Dosti: Friends Forever (2005), Naagin ( since 2015), Bigg Boss ( Season 8), Kyunki Saas Bhi Kabhi Bahu Thi, Nach Baliye ( season 7), Jhalak Dikjjla Jaa ( season 9), MTV Love School ( season 1).|
|Debut||Film debut – Dosti: Friends Forever (2005)
TV debut – Kyunki Saas Bhi Kabhi Bahu Thi ( 2001)
|Awards/Honors||Television style Award for Stylish Female In A Reality Show ( 2015), Zee Gold Award for Best Anchor ( 2016) & Most Fit Actor Female (2018).|
|Address||A-904, Anmol Tower, Hyundai Service Lane, Opposite Patel Petrol Pump, SV Road, Goregaon W, Mumbai, India|
|Family||Mother – Jasmine Tanna, Younger Sister – Grishma Tanna|
Born on 21 December 1983, Karishma Tanna is an Indian actress, model, and host. She got the fame from her role in the Indian soap opera “Kyunki Saas Bhi Kabhi Bahu Thi” and for her journey in the reality show Bigg Boss season 8. Tanna made her Bollywood debut with Dosti: Friends Forever, She worked alongside the superstars like Akshay Kumar, Kareena Kapoor, Bobby Deol, Lara Dutta, and Juhi Chawla but still, the movie was a big flop in box office collection.
Early Life & Family
Karishma Tanna was born in Mumbai, Maharashtra, India to a middle-class Gujarati family. In October 2012, her father died due to ill health. It was her mother, who motivated her a lot. Her Mother’s name is Jasmine Tanna and she has a younger sister Drishma Kadam. Her family members and friends call her Karu in a sweet gesture. Karishma did her schooling at a private school in her hometown Mumbai. At the age of 17, she made her TV debut along with she completed her graduation from Sydenham College of Commerce and Economics in Mumbai, Maharashtra. At the starting of her career, she was rejected for height.
Karishma Tanna dated many celebrities but she denied such relations. Currently, she is single with a full focus on her work only. There are few guys with whom she was in limelight for quite some time for her link-up rumours. It started with musician Bappa Lahiri but this relationship did not last for long as they broke up due to some unknown reasons. Later, she was seen with actor Hanif Halal while shooting for Zor Ka Jhatka in Argentina. Both were very close for a short period of time. Reportedly, the reason behind this short relationship broke up was a busy schedule of Karishma, Hanif was in the struggling phase at that time and Karishma was busy in her work so they decided to split mutually. Post her break-up, Karishma’s name was linked with Eijaaz Khan but she denied it and said he is just a friend.
Then she came in a relationship with the owner of Escobar for quite some time. Even it was reported that when Karishma was in Bigg Boss, she was engaged to Rushabh. While in her Bigg Boss journey, she met Upen Patel and this came out a reason behind her broke up with Rushabh Choksi. After the end of Bigg Boss, Karishma was seen in many reality shows with Upen Patel. Even they hosted the first season of MTV Love School, Upen proposed Karishma in Nach Baliye season 9 and the couple got engaged. However, this engagement called off due to some unknown reasons between them.
Popular Movies/TV Series
Karishma Tanna, who started her career at the age of 17 has worked in many daily soaps such as “Kyunki Saas Bhi Kabhi Bahu Thi” ( 2001 – 2006), “Kahi to Milenge” (2002 – 2003), “Shararat” (2004), ” Ek Ladki Anjaani Si” ( 2005 – 2006), “Baal Veer” (2012 – 2013), “Naagarjuna Ek Yoddha” (2016-2017), “Naagin 3” (2018-2019), “Quyamat Ki Raat” (2018-2019), “Jeanie Aur Juju” (2014), and many others. However, she is a well successful name on a small screen but in Bollywood, she did only four movies “Dosti: Friends Forever” (2005), “Grand Masti” (2013), “Golu Aur Pappu” (2014), and “Sanju” (2018). She has also worked in Kannada film “I Am Sorry Mathe Banni Preethsona”.
Although the immense popularity she gained from a reality show Bigg Boss Hall Bol season, where she came out as a first runner-up. Other reality shows where she participated are “Comedy Circus”, “Nach Baliye”, Kaun Jeetega Bollywood Ka Ticket”, “Zara Nachke Dikha”, “Zor Ka Jhatka: Total Wipeout”, “Comedy Circus Mahasangram”, “Jhalak Dikhhla Jaa season 9”, “Rasoi Ki Jung Mummyon Ke Sung” etc. Currently, we are going to see her in reality TV show Khatron Ke Khiladi 10.
Being a famous name on the small screen, Karishma faced many controversies throughout her career. Some of the most talked controversies are these.
- Karishma’s journey inside the Bigg Boss house was full of controversies. Starting from the initial week task when Gautam Gulati abused her while plying the task and then her overreaction on it. Fun of her poor general knowledge and her chemistry with Upen Patel, despite having a relationship outside the Bigg Boss house. In fact, her fight with the host, Salman Khan was also a highly talked topic at that time.
- In 2018, Karishma was alleged that she did not perform at the wedding reception in Haldwani after taking advance payment. Manas Katyal an event manager suffered the loss of Rupee 10 lakhs, he filed cheating, threatening, and blackmailing cases on her. In response to this allegation, Karishma said that she got the wrong information about the location of the wedding reception, as she was told that the show was in Moradabad, Uttar Pradesh.
- In 2017, Karishma was in a news headline for her removal from the TV comedy show “Comedy Dangal”. She got replaced by Surbhi Jyoti due to her tantrums in the shooting. However, Karishma denied such rumours, she said because of a tight schedule she quit the show.
- I do feel I have all the qualities of a film star but then why didn’t I make it that big? I blame it on my destiny. I was not there at the right place at the right time.
- Black is a great color when it comes to being safe and classy. It looks great on any body type and can be paired with anything. So when in doubt, go for black.
- Karishma loves to travel to Paris, Dubai and one of her favorite traveling destinations in Switzerland.
- She has a pet dog named Koko.
- In 2016, she made her theatre debut with a English romantic comedy titled Perfect Wedding.
- Karishma has a habit of smoking, as she always carries cigarettes in her pocket. she also drinks occasionally.
- She took the cooking classes before entering the Bigg Boss house.
- Kangana Ranaut is her favorite style icon.
Karishma Tanna is not only a popular actor but also a star style icon for youth. Her sense of fashion can’t stop you to copy her, she shares her mesmerizing pics with different styles look on her official Instagram.
Karishma shared many of her school girl avatars picture on her official Instagram account. In the picture, she looks stunning wearing a red and white school uniform. She was posing for the new season of the reality show “khatron ke khiladi” promo. On her Instagram, she received lovable comments from fans and friends.
Karishma looks extremely gorgeous in ethnic outfits. Her lehengas and sarees attire gives a perfect style to look for traditional events.
We hope you liked this Biography of Karishma Tanna. Please continue reading with Unbiography for more interesting articles.