Check out Biography of Léa Seydoux. Know Léa Seydoux age, birthday, life story, height, career, awards, family, relationships, controversies & More!
|Born (Date & Place)||1 July 1985, Paris, France|
|Full Name||Léa Hélène Seydoux-Fornier de Clausonne|
|Height||5 feet 6 inches (1.68 m)|
|Popular Movies/TV Series||Beauty and the Beast (2014), The Lobster (2015), The Beautiful Person (2008), Blue is the Warmest Color (2013), Spectre (2015), Mission Impossible: Ghost Protocol (2011), No Time to Die (2020), Inglorious Blasterds (2009)|
|Awards/Honors||Trophee Chopard Award, Broadcast Film Critics Association Award, Screen Actors Guild Award, Lumieres Award, Cabourg Film Festival Award, Hampton’s International Film Festival Award, Cannes Film Festival Award, Online Film Critics Circle Award, Florida Film Critics Circle Award, Detroit Film Critics Society Award, Chevalier of the Order of Arts and Letters.|
|Address||Léa Seydoux, Adéquat 21, rue d’Uzès 75002 Paris, France|
|Family||Father – Henri Seydoux, Mother – Valérie Schlumberger, Sisters – Camille Seydoux & Ondine Saglio, Son – George Meyer|
Born on 1 July 1985, Léa Hélène Seydoux-Fornier de Clausonne is professionally known as Léa Seydoux, is a French actress and model. She made her acting debut in the French movie “Girlfriends” in 2006. Later, In 2009, she made Hollywood debut with a small role in Quentin Tarantino’s film “Inglourious Basterds”.
When she was only three years old, her parents divorced. In 2013, she won Palme d’Or at the Cannes Film Festival award for her performance in the film “Blue is the Warmest Color” (2013). She appeared on the cover of Vanity Fair’s 20th Hollywood issue. In 2014, she was nominated for the BAFTA Rising Star Award.
Early Life & Family
Léa Seydoux was born in Passy, in the 16th Arrondissement of Paris, France. Her father’s name is Henri Seydoux, businessman by profession. Her mother Valérie Schlumberger was also an actress. Léa has one elder sister, Camille Seydoux, And has five younger siblings. Three of her siblings are from her mother’s first marriage and two paternal half-brothers, from her father’s earlier marriage.
Her grandfather, Jérôme Seydoux was the president of the Pathé film corporation in 1990. She is a stepdaughter of Farida Khelfa. On 18 January 2017, Léa became the mother of a son named, George Meyer. She is not married but has a son with her boyfriend, André Meyer.
Léa Seydoux’s father wanted her to learn English, so on the call of her father, she went to summer camp in the United States. When she was a child, she wants to become an opera singer. Even for fulfilling her dream, she studied music at the Conservatoire de Paris, but she was a shy girl and afraid to face the crowd, so she dropped her idea to become an opera singer.
After seeing one of her friend’s life as an actor, she also decided to become an actor. For improving her acting skill she attended French drama school Les Enfants Terribles. Later in 2007, she went to New York’s Actors Studio.
Léa Seydoux is currently in a relationship with André Meyer. Both are dating each other since 2015. The couple isn’t married yet, but they are parents of a son name, George Meyer. He was born on January 18, 2017. According to media reports, Before dating André, she was in two more relationships. She dated Jake Gyllenhaal from 2012 to 2015.
Popular Movies/TV Series
Léa Seydoux has worked in super hit movies like “Blue is the Warmest Color” (2013), “Spectre” (2015), “The Lobster” (2015), “Midnight in Paris” (2011), “Death Stranding” (2019), “Oh Mercy” (2019), “The Command” (2018), “Zeo” (2018), ” It’s Only the End of the World” (2016), “Diary of a Chambermaid” (2015), “Saint Laurent” (2014), “Beauty and the Beat” (2014), ” Farewell My Queen” (2012), “Sister” (2012), “No Time to Die” (2020), “Grand Central” (2013), “L’Enfant d’en Haut” (2012). She also appeared in many music videos. In 2005, the first time she was seen in the music video “Ne partons pas fâchés”. She gained international fame from her performance in “Spectre” (2015). She also featured in a Video game “Death Stranding” (2019).
There are a number of times when Léa Seydoux gets trolled and incidents which registered lots of controversies in her name.
- In October 2017, Seydoux claimed sexual assault against producer Harvey Weinstein. She said while she was talking he suddenly jumped on me and tried to kiss me. Not only Seydoux many other actresses claimed such allegation against Weinstein.
- In 2013, when ” Blue is the Warmest Color” released, in an interview lead actresses Léa Seydoux and Adèle Exarchopoulos told that it was a horrible experience shooting with Abdellatif Kechiche. They were not comfortable while filming the sex scene which took 10 days to complete, this allegation created lots of buzz at that time and even both actresses said they will never work with Kechiche again.
- Seydoux once gave a controversial interview about lesbians and female beauty. During the interview, she said that there have been moments where I’ve found myself pretty and sexy, but there are times when I find myself much less beautiful – a bit of a lesbian. By calling gay women not as beautiful as straight women, she faced lots of hate and criticism on her comment. Later, she apologized for this statement and said that she didn’t mean that lesbians are not beautiful.
- Seydoux was featured topless for French men’s magazine, she was clicked in several soft-porn poses. These pics received mix reaction on social media by her fans, some were upset by too much exposure of a body part and other was with her for choosing what she likes to do.
- Léa Seydoux featured film “Spectre” was trolled in India on social media sites. Censor board had cut the kissing scenes in “Spectre”. The film was given U/A certificate after these cuts and after knowing about these cuts people used #SanskariJamesBond on twitter.
Personal Quotes(Maximum 4)
Some of the famous quotes by Léa Seydoux:
- I don’t have any preconceived ideas of myself. I just take things as they come.
- I don’t really wear makeup every day. I feel like being an actress – we wear a lot of makeup – but when I am not working, I need to let my face breathe and be very comfortable.
- It’s true that French are not very sophisticated in the sense that they don’t dress up for dinners. They are not like Americans, where they are always perfect – the girls are not very sporty; they don’t take care of themselves as much as Americans, who always have very white teeth and are so fit.
- I think that I’m shy and I judge myself. But at the same time, I also have big contradictions. I can be sometimes sure of myself as well. I’m not always fragile and vulnerable. I can feel tough and strong.
We hope you liked this Biography of Léa Seydoux. Please continue reading with Unbiography for more interesting articles.