Check out Biography of Surbhi Jyoti. Know Surbhi Jyoti age, birthday, life story, height, career, awards, family, relationships, controversies & More!
|Born (Date & Place)|| 29 May 1988
Jalandhar, Punjab, India
|Full Name||Surbhi Jyoti|
|Height||5 feet 6 inches (1.68 m)|
|Popular Movies/TV Series||“Ik Kudu Punjab Di” (2010), “Raula Pai Gaya” (2012), “Munde Patiala De” (2012), “Akiyaan To Door Jayen Na” (2010), “Qubool Hai” (2012-2016), “Punar Vivaah – Zindagi Milegi Dobara” (2013), “Badalte Rishton Ki Dastaan” (2013), “Ishqbaaaz” (2016), “Koi Laut Ke Aaya Hai” (2017), “Dev” (2017), “Naagin 3” (2018-2019)|
|Debut||Film debut – “Ik Kudi Punjab Di” (2010)
TV debut – Akiyaan To Door Jayen (2010)
|Awards/Honors||Indian Television Academy Award for Great Performer of The Year 2013 (female), Indian Telly Awards for Fresh New Face Female and Best Onscreen Couple(2013), Gold Awards for Best Debut Female and Best Onscreen Jodi (2013), Gold Awards for Best Onscreen Jodi (2015), Gold Award for Most Fit Actress (2018)|
|Address||Mumbai, Maharashtra, India|
|Family||Father – Name not known, Mother – Name not know, Brother – Sooraj Jyoti|
Born on 29 May 1988, Surbhi Jyoti is an Indian Television actress. She is best known for her role as Zoya in “Qubool Hai” and Shravani in “Naagin 3”. She started her career in 2010’s Punjabi film “Ik Kudi Punjabi Ki”. In 2013, she won the award for Great Performer of the Year and Best Debut Actress for her brilliant performance. Her friends call her with the name Fruity.
Early Life & Family
Surbhi Jyoti was born in Jalandhar, Punjab, India in the Hindu family. Surbhi’s father owns a rubber chemical business and her mother is a housewife. She has a brother named Sooraj Jyoti, who is an engineer. Her family supported her a lot during her struggling days. She did her schooling from Shiv Jyoti Public School, Jalandhar, Punjab.
She attended Hans Raj Mahila Maha Vidyalaya for completing her graduation, as a student she participated in debates and received honors. Later, she went to Apeejay College of Fine Arts, Jalandhar for receiving a Master of Arts degree in English. At the beginning of her career, she was a radio jockey.
According to reports, Surbhi Jyoti had been dating Sumit Suri, who has acted with her in a music video named, Haanji. Even there was the news that she had reduced using social media so she could spend more time with Sumit. However, while asking about their rumor relationship, Sumit said, “Such rumors are bound to happen as we have worked together but there is nothing more than being good friends between us”. On the other hand, Surbhi did not comment on this rumored relationship yet.
This was not the first time when she was linked up with someone. In 2017, there were rumors about her dating with Qubool Hai co-star, Varun Toorkey. The duo had met on the sets of the show, but on asking about their rumors, Surbhi had stated, “I just ignore it. I am so careless when it comes to my personal life because no one has any right to judge me or my personal life. Currently, there is news, Surbhi not dating anyone and focusing only on her career.
Popular Movies/TV Series/Big boss
Surbhi Jyoti started her career by working in Punjabi films such as “Ik Kudi Punjabi Di” (2010), “Raula Pai Gaya” (2012), “Munde Patiala De”(2012).nIn 2012, she joined the cast of Television series “Qubool Hai”, which made her so popular that everyone started recognizing her. Later, she worked in many daily soaps like “Sapne Suhane Ladakpan Ke” (2013), “Punar Vivaah – Zindagi Milegi Dobara” (2013), “Pavitra Rishta” (2013), “Badalte Rishton Ki Dastaan” (2013), “Punar Vivah – Ek Nayi Umeed” (2013), “Connected Hum Tum” (2013), “Khelti Hai Zindagi Aankh Micholi” (2013), “Ishqbaaz” (2016), “Koi Laut Ke Aaya Hai” (2017), “Dev” (2017), and “Naagin 3” (2018-19). She participated in the comedy shows such as “Comedy Nights Bachao” (2016), “Comedy Nights Live” (2016), and “Comedy Dangal” (2017)
She also made guest appearances in many shows like “India’s Best Dramebaaz” (2013), “Dil Se Naachein Indiawaale” (2014), “Kumkum Bhagya” (2014-15), “Tashan-e-Ishq” (2016), “Jamai Raja” (2016), “Fear Factor: Khatron Ke Khiladi 7” (2016), “Daniya Nights” (2018), “Bigg Boss 12” (2018), “MTV Ace of Space 1” (2018), “Shaam Shaandar” (2018), “Kitchen Champion” (2019), “Khatra Khatra Khatra” (2019), “Dance Deewane 2” (2019), “MTV Ace of Space 2” (2019), and “Kumkum Bhagya” (2019). Surbhi’s talent is not limited to acting, she hosted several TV shows such as “Pyar Tune Kya Kiya” (2014-2015), “Love Aur Dhokha” (2017). In 2017, she appeared as Meera Kapoor in the web series “Tanhaiyan”.
Being a well-known name in the small screen industry, Surbhi faced many controversies.
- Surbhi is quite famous for her attitude in the industry, especially after the success of the ”Qubool Hai” show. She faced lots of hate from her junior co-star because of her attitude problem. According to them, Surbhi refuses to sit with them while shooting instead she spends most of the time with her friends only. While in the response of this attitude allegation, she said, that she takes time to make new friends and that’s why she stays with those people whom she knows personally.
- In 2014, there was the news of catfight between Surbhi and Mouni Roy. Both are very successful names in TV shows. Reportedly, both indulged in a big fight and since they do not like each other. However, both worked together in the climax scene of “Naagin 3”.
- Surbhi was badly trolled on her statement about Karan Singh Grover. Surbhi, who has appeared as a guest in the finale episode of Table of Two with Ira Dubey. On this show, Surbhi stated, that she wants to marry Karan Singh Grover, her co-star from the show Qubool Hai. Her fans were disappointed by this statement because at that time Karan Singh Grover’s image was not good. He had divorced with two women and happily married to his love, actress Bipasha Basu.
- She loves dancing and practicing Yoga.
- She has a dimple on her cheeks, which makes her look more attractive.
- She did five different roles in the TV serial “Qubool Hai” including Zoya Farooqui, Sanam, Sehar, and Mahira.
- She is a three-time winner of the National debate championship in her career.
- She has hydrophobia i.e. fear of water.
- If not an actress, then she would have been a teacher.
- Surbhi’s net worth is $100,000 – $1 M. According to some reports, she charges 70-75 thousand per episode.
- Salman Khan, Shahrukh Khan, Aamir Khan, Hugh Jackman and Tom Cruise are her favorite actors.
- Katrina Kaif, Shabana Azmi, Priyanka Chopra, and Smita Patil are her favorite actresses.
- Switzerland, Rome, and Paris are her favorite destinations.
- She has a bad habit of forgetting dates such as birthday, anniversaries, etc.
Some of the famous quotes of Surbhi
- I’m very lucky that playing the role of Zoya, Sanam, Sunheri, and Jannat which were completely different from each other, my fans will get to see yer another new dimension of me as an actor.
- Mai jab bhi tumhe yaad karungi muskuraaungi,, Or jab bhi muskuraungi Tumhe yaad karungi.
We hope you liked this Biography of Surbhi Jyoti. Please continue reading with Unbiography for more interesting articles.