Check out Biography of Jasleen Matharu. Know Jasleen Matharu’s age, birthday, life story, height, career, awards, family, relationships, controversies & More!
|Born (Date & Place)|| 4 April 1990
Mumbai, Maharashtra, India
|Full Name||Jasleen Matharu|
|Nicknames||Jazz and Jass|
|Height||5 feet 8 inches (1.73 m)|
|Popular Movies/TV Series||“Dirty Boss” (2016), “The Dirty Relation” (2013) “Bigg Boss 12” (2018)|
|Debut||“The Dirty Relation” (2013)|
|Address||Mumbai, Maharashtra, India|
|Family||Father – Kesar Matharu, Mother – Jaspreet Matharu, Brother – Kanwaljeet Singh Matharu|
Born on 4 April 1990, Jasleen Matharu is an Indian actress and singer. She has worked with many popular singers, she shared the stage with singers like Mika Singh, Sukhwinder Singh, Amjad Khan, and Papon. Jasleen is a trained dancer in Bharatnatyam, Hip-Hop, Salsa, and Belly-Dancing. She got recognition from the “Bigg Boss 12” when she entered the house as the girlfriend of the bhajan emperor Anup Jalota.
Early Life & Family
Jasleen Matharu was born in Mumbai, Maharashtra, India in a Sikh family. Her family background is from Khanna, Ludhiana, Punjab, India. Her father’s name is Kesar Matharu, who is a director. Jaspreet Matharu is her mother and she is a housewife. She has a brother named Kanwaljeet Singh Matharu, who is an actor and producer. From the age of 11, she began learning classical and western music. She participated in many school level singing competitions and honored with the Best Female Singer title at the age of 16 in inter-college competition.
In Bigg Boss 12, Jasleen Matharu shocked the nation when she came up as contestants with Anoop Jalota. They came as per the concept of the show “Vichitra Jodi” and this couple created a remarkable buzz due to their age gap, Anup Jalota was 65 years old and Jasleen was 28 years old when they participated in the show. In starting everyone was thinking that they are dating each other, but when Anoop Jalota came out of the house he denied any such relationship and said she is only his disciple.
During one of the Bigg Boss tasks, Jasleen revealed that before Anuj Ji she was dating another famous singer, Sukhwinder Singh. Both worked in a music video “Naachunga Saari Raat” together. She was seen inside the house saying that, it all happened a long time back and she has no feelings for him anymore. However, Sukhwinder Singh refused any such romantic relationship assertion by Jasleen. Sukhwinder said, we have been good friends for the last six years, but we have never dated each other.
After the eviction of Anup Jalota, Jasleen and Shivashish became good friends inside the Bigg Boss 12 house. Both were seen spending quality time with each other and even contestant started questing them about their chemistry. Jasleen was so possessive for shivashish, hence she used to fight with him for not giving more importance to her. Later, outside the Bigg Boss house, both were seen partying together and spending time with each other in public places. But currently, she participated in Colors channel TV show ”Mujhse Shaddi Karoge”, where she is trying to impress Paras to marry her.
Professional Career: Popular Movies/TV Series/TV Shows (If any)
Jasleen Matharu started her acting career with her father’s directorial venture, “The Dirty Relation” (2013). She also worked in another project hailed by her father “Dirty Boss”. However, both these projects are not for any Bollywood banner film, they were B grade films. She made her singing debut with her album “Love Day Love Day” which was directed by none other her father, Kesar Matharu. In 2018, she participated in controversial show Bigg Boss 12. She has also performed with famous singer Mika Singh’s troupe for over three years all over India.
Currently, she is a contestant of the Colors TV show “Mujse Shaddi Karoge”. According to the concept of this show, both Bigg Boss 13 finalist Paras and Shehnazz are looking for a partner to marry in this show and Jasleen being a contest is trying to impress Paras so, she could marry him.
Controversies/Affairs/Why in News?
- Jasleen Matharu made the headlines due to her alleged relationship with ghazal maestro Anup Jalota. During the show, she revealed that she was seeing Anup Ji for the past three and a half years, which was the shocking news for her family and for all the viewers of the show. Jasleen and Anup were brutally trolled on social media platforms because of their 37 years age gap. However, after Jasleen evicted from the show, she denied dating Anup Ji and revealed that it was just a prank.
- She used to be a fan of a comedian Deepak Kalal, Who has been posting controversial videos. Once she shared a video in search of a guy to be her life partner and Deepak responded to her video by making another video from his side. After this incident, both made many videos together like a marriage proposal in an amusing style, Live Suhagraat. Later, Jasleen asked him to not put such content on the internet but Deepak did not listen. So in reply to this, Jasleen shared a live conversation with him.
- She does not smoke.
- Jasleen is a brown belt in kickboxing and has been practicing it for the past 8 years.
- Her favorite quotes are “Weakness of attitude becomes weakness of character”, “Birds of a feather, flock together”, “Barking dogs, seldom bite”.
- Fer favorite perfume is Dior Poison Girl.
- Green is her favorite color.
- She has various tattoos on her body.
- Travelling and singing are her hobbies.
- Jasleen’s zodiac sign is Aries.
We hope you liked this Biography of Jasleen Matharu. Please continue reading with Unbiography for more interesting articles.