Check out Biography of Jennifer Winget. Know Jennifer Winget age, birthday, life story, height, career, awards, family, relationships, controversies & More!
|Born (Date & Place)||30 May 1985Mumbai, Maharashtra, India|
|Full Name||Jennifer Winget|
|Height||5 feet 5 inches (1.65 m)|
|Popular Movies/TV Series||“Akele Hum Akele Tum” (1995), “Raja Ko Rani Se Pyar Ho Gaya” (2000), “Kuch Naa Kaha” (2003), “Shaka Laka Boom Boom” (2002-03), “Koi Dil Mein Hai” (2003), “Kasautii Zindagii Kay” (2005-08), “Kyaa Hoga Nimmo Kaa” (2006), “Kahaani Ghar Ghar Kii” (2006), “Zara Nach Ke Dikha 1” (2008), “Dill Mill Gayye” (2009), “Zor Ka Jhatka: Total Wipeout” (2011), “Teri Meri Love Stories” (2012), “Bepannaah” (2018), “Beyhadh 2” (2019)|
|Debut||Film – Raja Ki Aayegi Baraat (1997)
TV – Shaka Laka Boom Boom (2000)
|Awards/Honours||Gold Awards for Most Fit Actress (2013), Indian Television Academy Award for Best Actress Drama (2013), Indian Telly Award for Best Actress Jury (2014), Asia Vision Television Award for Best Actress (2016), Lions Gold Award for Best Actress Jury (2017), Indian Television Academy Awards for Best Actress Jury (2017), Gold Award for Best Actress Jury (2018), Lions Gold Award for Best Actress Popular (2019), Indian Telly Award for Best Actress in Lead Role (2019)|
|Address||Goregaon, Mumbai, Maharashtra, India|
|Family||Father – Hemant Winget, Mother – Prabha Winget, Elder Brother – Moses Winger, Ex-Husband – Karan Singh Grover|
Born on 30 May 1985, Jennifer Winget is an Indian television actress. She is best known for her role as Sneha Bajaj in “Kasauti Zindagii Kay and Maya Mehrotra in “Beyhadh”. She made her acting debut as a child actor in 1997’s Indian film “Raja Ki Aayegi Baraat”. She was included in the “Television’s Top 10 Actresses” list by Rediff and the “35 Hottest Actresses In Indian Television” list by MensXP.com.
Early Life & Family
Jennifer Winget was born in Goregaon, Mumbai, India to a Marathi Christian father and Punjabi Hindu mother. Her father’s name is Hemant Winger, who works at Reliance Industries. Prabha Winger is Jennifer’s mother and she is a housewife. Jennifer has one elder brother named Moses Winget, who is married and has a kid. She did her schooling from St. Xavier’s High School, Mumbai. Later, she went to K. J. Somaiya Junior College of Science and Commerce, Mumbai for completing her graduation in B.com.
Jennifer Winget met Karan for the first time on the sets of the TV serial, “Kasauti Zindagii Kay” in 2005. Reportedly, the couple started dating each other while shooting for the serial “Dill Mill Gayye”. After dating for so long, they finally married each other on 9 April 2012. But after 2 years of their marriage, the couple decided to end up their marriage and took divorce with mutual understanding in the year 2014. The rumors spread that Karan cheated on Jennifer with his current wife, Bipasha Basu whom he married right after his divorce.
There was the rumors, Jennifer after her divorce has started to date her co-actors Sehban and Harshad. In an interview, Sehban said, he knows Jennifer for the last eight years and denied any such rumor relationship with Jennifer. On the other hand, Harshad said, Jennifer is in a good phase now. I am proud of her. Well, from their interview both Sehban and Harshad denied giving any official confirmation about their affair.
Popular Movies/TV Series/Bigboss
Jennifer Winget started her career at the age of 12 in the film ”Raja Ko Rani Se Pyar Ho Gaya” and then appeared in several movies like “Raja Ki Aayegi Baraat” (1997), “Raja Ko Rani Se Pyar Ho Gaya” (2000), “Kuch Naa Kaho” (2003), “Phir Se..” (2018). She made her TV debut with Star Plus popular show “Shaka Laka Boom Boom” (2002-03). After her debut, she worked in many daily soaps like “kusum” (2003), “koi Dil Mein Hai” (2003), “Karthika” (2004), “Kasautii Zindagii Kay ” (2005-08), “Kyaa Hoga Nimmo Kaa” (2006), “Kahaani Ghar Ghar Ki” (2006), “Kahin To Hoga” (2007), “Sangam” (2007-09), “Dill Mill Gayye” (2009), “Teri Meri Love Stories” (2012), “Saraswatichandra” (2013-14), “Beyhadh” (2016-17), and “Bapannaah” (2018)
Jennifer appeared as a contestant in reality shows like “Zara Nach Ke Dikha 1″ (2008), Comedy Circus 3” (2009), and “Zor ka Jhatka: Total Wipeout” (2011). She is not only a splendid actress but also a talented host, she did hosting in many reality shows such as “Laughter Ke Phatke” (2009), “Dekh India Dekh” (2009), Zara Nach Ke Dikh 2″ (2010), “Comedy Ka Maha Muqabala” (2011), and “Nachle Ve with Saroj Khan” (2011). Currently, she is working in an Indian romantic drama thriller television series “Beyhadh 2”. And also this year she made her debut in web series with an Indian Hindi drama “Code M”.
Controversies/Affairs/Why in News?
There are so many incidents when Jennifer came into the news headline, some of the most talked incidents are these
- After the divorce with Karan, Jennifer never came up in the media to talk about the reason behind this. But in 2016, after two years of separation with Karan, she finally has spoken about the topic. She took to Instagram to deny all the rumors about her relationship and also opened about Karan’s relationship. She wrote, “I am delighted to know that he has moved on in life and would like to wish his partner and him all the very best in all their future endeavors.”
- According to the reports, Jennifer once slapped Karan while shooting on the sets of “Dill Mill Gayye” when she found out that Karan was cheating on her. It was also reported that Jennifer did not speak with Karan when she found out Karan was cheating on her with Nicole and Shraddha. Even while shooting for serial they used to shoot their scenes separately at two different times.
- Jennifer was badly trolled when she walked out of an award function. people started calling her arrogant because of this act. On that award function, she was nominated in two categories, Best host and Best onscreen couple but she walked out in the middle of the function because she did not win any award. However, she denied this reason for walking out early and according to her version, she was not feeling well that day and had already informed the organization about her ill health so she could not able to attend the function till the end.
- She has tattoos of Hakuna Matata on the right side of the shoulder and Fairy sitting on the moon on the left leg.
- She charged approx. Rupee one lakh per episode.
- She says that if not an actress, she would have been an air hostess.
- Singapore and Malasia are her favorite shopping destinations.
- Jennifer left the show Saraswatichandra due to contract issues. But later she was called back by the producer because the casting team could not find a suitable replacement.
- She went bald using make-up for the shoot of the TV show “Beyhadh” in July 2014.
- Jennifer Winget’s favorite color is white. In fact, her wardrobe consists of the majority of clothes in white colors.
- She loves spending time with her dog name Breezer.
- Her favorite restaurant is Peshawari at ITC.
- She prefers drinking vegetable juice every day to make her body fit.
Some of the popular quotes of Jennifer Winget are:
- If somebody is good for me, I’ll reciprocate. What’s the harm? If somebody says ‘Hello’ to me, I won’t turn my back on him.
- I believe everything happens in life for a reason, and you just need to have faith and keep doing what you do.
We hope you liked this Biography of Jennifer Winget. Please continue reading with Unbiography for more interesting articles.